Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Yagaddawannit

If you don't get the title, you need to say it out loud, really fast.

I'm in the beginnings of the final push. And I'm starting to realize just how much I want this. I also realized that I simply had a bad July. The physical issues, the mental issues....that's all behind me. I've got just over 5 weeks left, and I'm ready to give it my all.

My run this morning was good. It was a short one - just a 4-mile recovery run - but I still had no trouble getting up before the sun to do it. While I was running and thinking about the drive one needs to complete an Ironman, I though of this video. It's a little disturbing, but every time I watch it, it reminds me of what people will put themselves through to reach a goal. This is certainly NOT how I want to finish (especially for my mother's sake) but I'm going to finish this Ironman, even if I have to crawl across the finish line.