Monday, August 3, 2009

One of Those Days

While I was hoping to hit 19:30 at the Run for JJ 5k yesterday, I couldn't shake the sluggishness I felt throughout my body. I finished in 20:12 - my worst time of the summer, but still faster than anything I'd done prior to this year. Everyone else must have been feeling sluggish too, since 20:12 was still good enough for 2nd place in my age group.

Guess it was just one of those days.

My coach surprised me with a day off today, followed by two more recovery days (although some people wouldn't call 3 workouts in 2 days no matter how easy they were "recovery.") I think he understood that my body just needs a little extra rest before we really ramp it up over the next few weeks.

And, somewhat surprising to me, I'm looking forward to the next few weeks!

No comments: