Friday, August 14, 2009

Oh, Crap!

A lot of my focus lately has been getting in my training while keeping my body healthy for quick recovery. Well, this week I got slammed with a pretty bad head cold, which is now moving to my chest. I've already missed 6 training sessions this week - at a time when I really can't afford to be missing any!

Ironman is only 30 days away. The next 48 hours for me is going to be nothing but making sure my body is better and able to handle the stress of the next couple weeks.

It's so close, I can taste it!

1 comment:

Kim Klabe said...

I usually always get sick at the same point of a heavy training program. I think your body just gets so broken down, it gets sick easily. Maybe it's forcing you to rest....and maybe you should take it. The rest may be non-negotiable and may pay off in the end.

You're going to be awesome. I wish you tremendous success!