Monday, August 17, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

literally!

Saturday I found that the best way to beat a cold is to get on your bike and ride. Which I did...for just over five hours. I loaded up the bike with my Power Bars and Clif Bars, my Gu's, and three water bottles and set out to Route 9, where I headed south to Laurel, DE. I went a little further and decided it would be a good time to turn around and head back home. I made it home just in time for a quick bathroom break, a reload of Power Bars and water bottles, and headed out again down Route 1 to the Indian River Marina and back. A total of 88 miles and 1,200 calories ingested brought me back home.

And then I put on my running shoes and went out for a 20-minute run. My legs actually felt pretty good on the run. I only got a couple miles done, but that's really all I needed to do.

I'm back!

And today I rode a 60-minute recovery ride - quick and easy. I'm looking forward to tonight's long swim and the rest of the week.

Just 27 more days!

No comments: