Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rockin' It

I'm in the final push week of training, and this one's a doozy!

But the past couple days I'm feeling like I'm really rockin'. Yesterday, I didn't have time for an open-water swim, but I snuck 40 minutes in the pool mid-day. And it felt good! Then last night after work I pounded out a good 50 miles. My average speed was 17.8 mph but it would've been higher (at least 18) if I hadn't been riding the last hour in the dark! My headlight seems to function more for others to see me rather than for me to see what's in front of me. So I relied on the headlights from cars on Route 9 and Plantations Road and finished fine.

Tonight after work I hit the trail for my last long run before the race. (Wow, what an eye opener to know this is the last big one.) I nailed 15 miles in just over 2 hours. I was supposed to go for 130 minutes, but I had to cut it short by 7 minutes because once again the sun went down and I couldn't see where I was going.

Note to self: Do your workouts earlier!

Towards the beginning of tonight's run, I passed by my coach and a friend who were doing the regular Wednesday night speed workout. I told him that I was feeling great and that everything is really starting to come together. He seemed pleased.

I am too!

No comments: