Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Eureka!

For the past few weeks I've been feeling like my training has been going nowhere. I'm still struggling with my swimming, my cycling and running has been alright but nothing to write home about. I've felt like I've been in a holding pattern.

Then it hit me.

My first race isn't for another six weeks, so on the surface it would appear that I'm just trudging along with nothing "exciting" going on. But I'm not keeping the big picture in mind. Everything I'm doing now is creating the foundation for future training. I'm working on swimming skills to make me more efficient for longer swims. I'm increasing my aerobic capacity on the bike and run to build endurance. I'm getting in the habit of using time on the bike to eat and refuel the body.

I just need to keep these things in mind as I train through the next month before the racing season actually begins.

Today is an "off" day to recharge the body. I'm using it to recharge the mind as well to keep the big picture in front of me.

No comments: