Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dear Mr. Road and Mrs. Trail, I've Missed You

Dear Mr. Road and Mrs. Trail,

I've missed you.

For a couple months I had to visit your distant cousins - the Treadmill twins and Ms. Stationary Bike. It was boring being inside every day with them.

But today I got to visit with you both. The sun was shining and the temperature was in the upper 50s. And for an hour and 45 minutes my bike and I sped along with you, Mr. Road, towards Georgetown and back. And right after that I spent an energizing 30 minutes with you, Mrs. Trail. You were a bit soggy in parts but overall your soft crushed limestone was a welcome feeling beneath my feet.

I can't wait to spend many more days with you like this.

P.S. Tell Grandpa Wind to take a hike. He made the first hour of my ride more difficult than it should have been. Please remind him I don't like wind!

No comments: