Wednesday, February 18, 2009

No Highs, No Lows

This week is a recovery week. It's built into the training schedule every four weeks to give my body a break. Notice I didn't write "rest" week. I still have nine workouts planned, but they are lower in intensity and duration.

I'm feeling alright about my progression. Not great, but not bad either. I feel like I'm sort of in a holding pattern, waiting to have a breakthrough workout when I can say "that was amazing!" It hasn't happened lately.

I was talking with a running friend yesterday who feels the same way and mentioned many people feel it now. Maybe it's the pre-spring doldrums. We're all just waiting for a little warmer weather.

Today is an off day - no training sessions scheduled. So, of course, it turns out that an instructor at the Y needs a sub (and couldn't find one) for three classes tonight -- and I'm available.

Looks like my recovery week just got a little more active.

No comments: