Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Plan

To do something this big, you've got to have a plan - and anyone who knows me well knows that I rarely do anything without a plan.

So right now I'm focused on my running because I'm doing my first marathon this November. My longest training run thus far has been 14 miles, although I'm adding 1 mile to that this coming weekend. Once that is done, I'm going to add swimming and cycling back into the mix to work on technique and building a good solid base over the winter. I also plan on hiring a swim coach to help me with my stroke since the swim is definitely my weakest event of the three.

To help me prepare for the Eagleman (half-Iron) in June and the Ironman WI next September, I plan on getting a triathlon coach. I need the expert advice on this one to keep me strong and injury free.

So that's the plan - in general - for the next year. Of course, there'll be little races here and there, but those three big ones are on my A-List.

1 comment:

Julz said...

Hey, with whom are ya doin' that Nov. marathon?

Why don't you join the TNT tri team? Training for something that big alone? Yuck. Save some lives like ya used to - GO TEAM!

I did a strong 20 miler last weekend. Broke in new shoes though, or should I say they broke me in. Still bloody from it, which sent me to the pool for water running this week.

Go Daniel, Go Badgers, Go Team, GO IRON!