Sunday, October 4, 2009

Good End to an Easy Week

This week was much easier than I intended it to be. Because of some work obligations, I wasn't able to do all of my training sessions, and I substituted some Spinning classes (teaching them) for a couple workouts.

Today I did a brick workout. I did 26 miles on the bike at a 17.8 mph pace. Around the 3rd mile I passed a couple riding together. When I stopped at the next traffic light, they caught up. One asked, "Are you doing Florida next month?" I said no, that I'd just done Wisconsin. The other came up and simply said, "My hat's off to you, Ironman." (That tattoo must be more visible than I thought.) It lifted me up and my pace quickened for the next few miles, even thought there was a nasty headwind.

I had my shoes set up for the run so I could get a practice transition in. I got off the bike, had my helmet off and my shoes on in no time and was off for a quick 20-minute run. I caught up with a friend and ran with him for a half mile before turning around and heading home. On the way back I saw Meyer, who was out for a 7-miler. I ended up running 2.8 miles at a 7:05 pace. I want to get that down to under 7:00 for next Sunday's duathlon.

No comments: