Monday, October 26, 2009

Two Weeks Later....

I hadn't done any training since the Cape Du because of a crazy work schedule and an illness, but yesterday I was able to get out and do a great long run.

I wasn't quite sure how well it would go after two weeks of nothing. But the sun was shining on what was probably our last nice day of the year and I was ready.

The plan was to do a two-hour run. I figured I'd head out on the trail and go towards the State Park, turn around at the hour mark and head home. My first seven miles were relatively fast, ranging from 7:45 to 7:57, and finishing at 1:57. This was good, since my goal for the marathon is 7:55. I could feel a blister starting to form on my right foot (I realized too late that I'd forgotten to tape it) but I kept going. What was the alternative?

My last eight miles were even better. My pace ranged from 7:30 to 7:47. I ended up doing about 15.25 miles in the two hours, averaging 7:45. Could I have kept that up for another 11 miles? Probably not, but it made the thought of 7:55 much more doable.

Another good thing form the run was that I PR'd my half-marathon time. I did 13.1 miles in 1:41:27.

All is good.

Today is a day off from training, which is good. I need to let this blister heal.

No comments: