Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Now What?

I've done the Ironman, which was the whole reason for keeping this blog. I'd thought about shutting it down after the race, but I think I'm going to keep it up for a while. After getting a couple comments that people found inspiration in it, I'd like to think that perhaps someone who, like me, once question their ability to train for and complete and Ironman will read it and pursue the Ironman as their goal.

I'm going to keep training and racing, so this may simply turn into a training log for me.

And that's where I am tonight. I just went for my first solid run since the Ironman. It was a 5.6-mile run and it felt pretty good - 8:27 pace on the first half and 8:03 on the second half, for a total average pace of 8:15.

My next real race is the Cape Henlopen Duathlon in three and a half weeks. It's a 1.5-mile run, 14-mile bike, and a 5k run. I definitely need to kick in the training again. A week and a half off was way too much.

I'm back at it!

No comments: