Saturday, September 5, 2009

#100

This is my 100th post. I can't believe that I started this blog nearly a year ago, and I also can't believe that Ironman is only 8 days away.

This morning I was up at 5:00 to get a six-mile run in before going to see Meyer do a 5k race. I spent part of my run on the boardwalk and going along the beach. With the sun peeking over the horizon, the waves gently rolling in, and a slight breeze off the ocean, it couldn't have been a better morning to run.

At the 5k, for which Meyer shaved over 2 minutes off his previous race time, were a couple people who've done an Ironman and were giving me all sorts of wonderful encouragement. I love the running/tri community here.

I'm still in that nervous-scared-excited triangle, which I figure I'll be in right up until the starting gun, but it isn't affecting my training sessions so I'm going to just keep plugging along for the next week.

No comments: