Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Even When I Don't Want To

When the alarm went off at 5:00 this morning, I wanted to turn it off and sleep for another hour or two. When I hit the trail for my warm-up, I wanted to turn around and run home. After the first and second and third mile repeat, with the air much heavier than it has been lately, I wanted to stop and cut the workout short.

But I realized that that would do me no good. I need to be 100% committed to preparing my body - and mind - to respectably finish this race.

It would be easy for me to go home after work tonight and relax, but the training plan calls for an "optional open water swim." For me now, it is no longer an option.

I have to continue reminding myself that I will do this. And this is probably a good time to once again (for the 3rd time) post this video.

No comments: