Friday, July 17, 2009

Things I Thought (or Yelled) During Yesterday's Workout

During longer training sessions (like yesterday's 3 hours on the bike followed by 30 minutes running), one's mind can easily wander. I know it shouldn't and I should stay focused, but mine ocassionally does. Here's a sampling of things I thought (or yelled) during yesterday's workout.

That woman with the baby carrier on the back of her bike just called me "biker pro." How cool is that?

Uh oh. The way I'm going is going to give me a lot more head wind. I should've gone the other way.

Route 1 between Dewey Beach and Bethany Beach isn't all that long. It's just a straight shot with nothing to look at. So it seems eternal.

What do you call a head wind that is also a side wind?

I've got to get different cycling shorts.

Why is this Gu flavor called Orange Burst? Gu doesn't burst. It only Goozes.

Frickin' wind.

What the f---? What was that that just hit me? A soda bottle? That asshole in the car speeding away just hurled a bottle at me. If I could catch up with you I'd beat the crap out of you! Moron!

I hate head winds.

Just keep your cadence up. You'll persevere against the wind.

Stupid moron.

Do I smell pickles?

Frickin' wind.

Hello, town of Millsboro. You smell like chicken poop.

If I eat one more chocolate mint Clif bar I'm going to puke.

Average trip speed at the Route 1 to Route 26 point = 17.5 mph
Average trip speed at the Route 26/Iron Branch Rd to Route 24 point = 17.2 mph
Average trip speed at the Route 24 to Plantation Rd point = 17.9 mph
Conclusion? Route 26 sucks

OK, I'm off the bike. Now go, legs, go!

What? I'm pacing at 7:24 per mile? After riding nearly 50 miles? Ridiculous!

Awesome, awesome (except for the dickhead with the soda bottle) workout.

I'm spent.

No comments: