Sunday, July 19, 2009

Case of the Blecchhies

This weekend I got a case of the blecchhies. Yeah, it's pronounced like it looks. It isn't good.

I went to my coach's open water swim camp yesterday morning. We started out at the Glade pool - a surprisingly nice "community" pool, with lap lanes and all. We went through a lot of drills that Kevin and I had already gone through. We got our swim stroke videtaped. And mine showed that my body position still sucks.

After the first session, we all planned to meet at the Beach Patrol Station on the beach at 2:00 for the second part of the camp.

That gave me time to go join Meyer at Seaside Jewish Community Center, where we were sponsoring the Kiddush. I'm not sure if I had a reaction to the food or what, but around 1:00 I felt like crap - upset stomach, tired, achy...the works.

So no second part of camp for me. Kevin and I agreed to meet this morning at 7:30 for a little one-on-one session before the next group session. But I woke up feeling just as bad as I did yesterday.

Ugh!

I NEED to get time in the water, especially the open water. I'm frustrated as hell and I'm starting to really worry about the swim. 2.4 miles is so long for me.

I just have to keep plugging away at it.

No comments: