Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back on Track

Great bike session tonight. I went to work early so I could leave work a little early (with a clear conscience) so I could be on the bike by 4:00. I'd mapped out a 2-loop route so I could make a halfway-there pit stop, loaded up my bars, bottles, and Gu's, and hit the road.

I really felt good on this one. I had some longer periods of headwinds, but I kept my cadence up in the 87-92 rpm range. I did a total of 4 hours, although about 20 minutes was spent stopped at traffic lights and in making a quick - and much needed - pit stop at home. Total distance: 65 miles; average speed: 17.7 mph.

Tomorrow is an off day, although I'm thinking that if I feel good, I might get in the pool for a while to loosen up the muscles. Thursday should be another long one.

No comments: