Sunday, June 7, 2009

Two-Week Recap

I haven't posted in two weeks so here's the down and dirty:

After the Masser 5-Miler I had a rather sluggish week. I'm not sure if it was lack of sleep or what, but I woke up feeling "not right" and that continued through the day...for several days.

Then Meyer and I headed to Miami for the World Spinning and Sports Conference - three days of sessions and rides with Spinning Master Instructors and other instructors from around the world. I was able to get a few good rides in, but there was no lap pool available and running didn't happen either.

This past week has been better. I've been doing my swimming and this weekend I had a great ride - to Seaford and back totaling 70 miles in 4 hours - and a great run this morning: 13 miles with Bruce, a fellow runner, at about an 8:20 pace. I had a little bit of knee trouble towards the end, but quickly walked it off and I feel fine now.

Now there's one week left until Eagleman. The weather forecast for race day has changed from 70s and scattered thunderstorms to partly cloudy and low 80s so who knows what it is going to be like next Sunday.

No comments: