Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Won! (sorta...kinda)

This morning was the annual Jungle Jim's 5k Splash at Jungle Jim's Waterpark. It's a popular race because the water park opens for the runners after the race, so there's a lot of water sliding and lazy rivering.

I started out way too fast and had a 6:06 first mile, so I slowed it down a bit, knowing that I wouldn't be able to maintain that kind of pace. I gave it my all and ended up with a 19:55 finish - just 3 seconds off my PR from last Sunday.

When they posted the results, I found that I was 13th overall, and even though I had the second fastest time in my age group, the guy who was first received the Masters champion award which bumped me up to first. So I won....kinda.....sorta.

After lots of stretching I felt pretty good. And after a shower, an omelette, hash browns, bacon, and toast, I'm feeling much better!

I'm going to nap and prepare for a big training day tomorrow.

1 comment: