Sunday, June 21, 2009

12 Weeks

Lately it seems like I've only been posting after races, and I guess today is no different.

Last week I felt pretty good after Eagleman. My training was a little sluggish, though, until Saturday when I went running with Meyer. Yes, Meyer. After seeing Eagleman, Meyer decided to start running, so Friday night we went to the Rehoboth Beach Running Company to get him shoes and Saturday morning we went for a run. I was supposed to do a 10 minute warm-up, 5-mile test set, and 10-minute cool-down. My Garmin's batteries were low, so I wasn't going to be able to do the test set and record my mile splits or heart rate, so I decided to do the warm-up with Meyer (who did very well and went 2 miles) and the stepped it up for the next 5 (in the rain) and then the cool down (also in the rain.)

Today I ran the Father's Day 5k. I was feeling a little tight (not enough stretching after yesterday's run) but surprised myself. I held a great pace and ended up with a Personal Record, going under 20 minutes for the first time. 19:53 was good enough for 3rd place in my age group (the trophy is on my desk) and 18th overall (out of I'm guessing about 270).

I wrote a couple emails tonight to start assembling my moral support team for Ironman which is only - holy s#%@ - 12 weeks away!

Time to get crackin'!

No comments: