Friday, June 12, 2009

Getting Ready

I just finished packing my stuff for Eagleman. I'm ready.

This week has been a little weird. After a couple great training sessions last weekend, I must not have stretched enough. I woke up Monday morning a little stiff in the neck and shoulders (4 hours in the aero position on the bike will do that to you.) And at work that morning, I turned my head to sneeze and felt a sudden sharp pain in my left trapezius. For three days I worked on it - ibuprofin, massage, sports cream, heating pad - and after having the tightness move up the neck, I finally was back to normal on Thursday. 30 minutes in the pool made me feel more comfortable.

Now I'm all set. Meyer and I leave for Cambridge tomorrow morning for all of the pre-race things: packet pick-up, pre-race meeting, bike racking, driving the course, hotel check-in, and dinner with the Rehoboth triathlon gang.

No comments: