Monday, June 22, 2009

Morning Run

I woke up before the alarm this morning - a clear and not-yet-sunny 5:15am.

It was a perfect morning to run, and by the time I hit the boardwalk the sun was coming up. As I made my way toward North Shores, my right knee started hurting again - just like it did during Eagleman. I decided to be safe and walk/jogged it and eventually decided to cut the run down to 45 minutes instead my intended 90.

But the walking part gave me time to enjoy the scenery and I noticed small bungalows and gardens on the north side of town that I hadn't seen before. And it confirmed my notion that moving to Rehoboth Beach was the best idea Meyer and I have ever had.

So this morning's training didn't go so well. I move past it, and know that tonight's swim will be better.

No comments: