Monday, March 30, 2009

Charging Forward


Saturday's interval run (4 x 1 mile repeats) was great - felt good before, during and after. During the run, while I was focused on HR and pace, I also did some thinking (more thinking during the recovery times) and came to the realization that given my schedule and abilities, I'm not going to be able to get in every training session. I'm not going to nail everything like I did when I was on vacation. And I can't beat myself up for that. I just need to keep charging forward.

My bike is at the shop, getting a new rear tire. I just bought a new pair of running shoes (same as my old ones) which I'll start breaking in after Sunday's race. And I'm feeling pretty good.

Sunday's weather is supposed to be partly cloudy and in the upper 50s. Mentally, I'm ready. This is going to be a good way to start the season.

Charge!

No comments: