Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Back At It

The last week and a half have not been good for my training. I came back from vacation, and 12 hours after arriving home I was in the office. And I worked. And I worked. And I worked. And in the middle of this I felt a cold coming on and did everything I could (successfully!!!) to ward it off.

But the constant long hours of the week, plus working the entire weekend (8 hour days plus 3 hours of drive time both Saturday and Sunday) took its toll on my training...which, in effect, became nonexistent.

But this morning I did what I hate to do (get outside before the sun comes up) and got in a 40-minute run. This was, mind you, much shorter than what my coach had planned but given an early doctor appointment this morning, it was what I had time for. And not only did I start before the sun came up, I finished (seeing only one runner and one car the entire time) before the sun came up.

It feels good to be back at it.

2 comments:

Kim Klabe said...

Good Daniel. Be careful, that Y will suck up every bit of available time if you let it!

Daniel said...

The trick is finding the right balance. Today, that happened to be getting up at 5:30 so I could still get in a full day at work. And Friday, if it isn't raining, will probably mean leaving work early (I am, after all, working on Saturday too) to get 2.5 hours in on the bike.