Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Meet Kevin

Meet Kevin. Kevin is my new coach. He's the one who had me fill out 10 pages of information about me, my racing history, training strengths and weaknesses (as I see them), and even my mental state - not quite sure how I scored on that last one!

Kevin is a certified USAT Level II Coach and an experienced triathlete and duathlete. He was the USA National Champion duathlete in 2003 and runner up in 2006. At one point in 2006 he was ranked 2nd in the world. He's completed a number of Ironmans which will be a big benefit to me.

Kevin and I had our first official meeting yesterday afternoon, and nine hours later he had my first four weeks of training put together based on our conversation and all of the information I'd provided to him.

I'm sure I'll have lots to report since I now have 10 workouts to complete between now and Sunday. Yeah, that's 10 workouts in six days.

He's also having me do a food log, which I really don't like to do. I recommend them to a lot of people so I know I need to do it every now and then. I don't mind writing down everything I eat. It's the searching for nutrition information on everything. Anyone know the nutritional breakdown of the 20 grape tomatoes I just had on a salad?

So with the first month's training program and food log in hand, I now feel that the real work has officially begun. Whee!

No comments: