Wednesday, April 22, 2009

MIA?

Lately I've been missing in action. Or more like, missing from action.

A couple weeks ago I had my awesome running interval workout with the group, followed by an tough bike interval one-on-one with my coach. We also worked on my transitions which will save me some time during races.

But for the past week I've been battling a cold - seems to happen every time there are major changes in the weather. I haven't been running, biking or swimming at all, and it's making me very nervous about this weekend's race. While this isn't one of my A priority races, it is still a big one, with competitors from all over the country - 134 men in my age group alone!

I think I'm finally getting over the cold and may attempt to do the group intervals tonight, but I don't want to overtax my body just as I'm on the mend. I want to be 100% by the weekend.

2 comments:

Kim Klabe said...

Is the race the LDAF 1/2?

Daniel said...

Nope. I'm headed down to Richmond, VA to do the USAT Duathlon National Championships. (Now that's a mouthful.)