Friday, May 15, 2009

Pool Time

I got in the pool twice so far this week...which is more than any week of the past month or so.

My coach had been wanting to do another session with me in the pool, so we scheduled it for this afternoon. I got in for 30 minutes or so yesterday just to make sure I wouldn't completely embarrass myself today.

Much to my surprise, my form has improved since our last session two months ago. How'd that happen? Honestly, I don't think I've been in the water enough to make any improvements, but it felt better and Kevin said it looked better too.

He gave me more drills to do and stressed the importance of hitting the pool as often as possible, stetching, and reducing tension in my shoulders and my neck. Guess it's time to start getting regular massages again. Yipee!

So I'll be in the pool again tomorrow, along with doing a 90-minute bike ride and teaching a cardio/core circuit class at the Y. Looks like it'll be another full day!

No comments: