Saturday, December 6, 2008

Back At It...and Exhausted


Having fully recovered from the marathon, I figured this week I'd get back in the swing of things, and stay active. I'd been advised to keep in shape through December but not do any real "training."

Well, I was a slacker for the first half of the week, but made up for it the past two days.

Yesterday I taught my usual 8:00am BodyFlex class at the Y. I hadn't taught in a few weeks so I stayed light on my own weights but leading 4 minutes of squats right off the bat did a number on my legs later in the day. Then I was looking forward to teaching my usual Spinning class, but because (a) it has gotten cold out and all the cyclists wanted to ride indoors or (b) my class is so darn popular (I prefer to believe the latter) there were so many people in class I gave up my bike and taught from the floor.

Yesterday afternoon I finally hit the weights after a far-too-long absence. I pretty much did a full-body minus legs workout and, of course, am paying the price today.

Not content to leave any part of my body less than exhausted, Meyer and I went swimming this morning. It was my first time in the pool since I can't remember when. I'm pooped and am ready for a long nap!

But it sure feels good!

No comments: