Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Stuff


After my last post I started thinking about the things that I've purchased at the running store and how much stuff I use when I run. Remember when you used to be able to throw on a pair of running shoes, shorts and a tee and go?

So here's all of the stuff I use when I go for a long run: shoes (which have a few hundred miles on them so they will be replaced by a new pair after the marathon), ID and cell phone in case of emergency, water bottle belt with a handy pouch for the ID and cell phone, medical tape to tape my toes so I don't get blisters, chest strap to record my heart rate, Garmin Forerunner to get the information from the chest strap as well as GPS satelites to record my speed and other things, hat to keep the sun off my face (but it also has a special liner that sucks up sweat), and GU - that wonderful who-knows-what's-in-it product that gives you a boost of energy.

All this for a couple hours of running? I'd really like to know how much faster or farther this stuff helps me run. Oh wait! I'll just check my Garmin.

No comments: