Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Now What?

OK, the marathon is done.

I didn't think I'd feel this way, but I can't wait until my leg muscles get back to normal (still a little tight) and my knee pain goes away (nothing serious) so I can start running again.

I finally finished the 10-page questionnaire for my soon-to-be coach and am about to email that to him. I also talked with the YMCA Aquatics Director today about scheduling a few swim stroke technique analysis sessions. She also recommended joining our masters swim class, which I intend to do.

So now I just stay active until I start working with the coach in January, when he'll help me develop my racing schedule for 2009 (choosing races in addition to the half-Ironman, Ironman, and marathon I've chosen) and create a training plan for me for each of those.

I'm feeling great! Walking down stairs forwards is no longer a challenge, everyone at work has been asking how it went, and I just can't wait to be on the course again!

1 comment:

Kim Klabe said...

Just realized you had a blog, cool! I've added it to my favorites and will read it faithfully with my coffee in the morning. Happy Thanksgiving!