Thursday, October 9, 2008

Speedy!

Well, it may not be speedy for some, but it was for me today.

Last night I ran a quick 3 miles, but it didn't feel "right." Maybe it was too short to get in the groove, but I just didn't feel like it was a good run.

Today, having an early morning at work and an evening commitment, I decided to take some extra time at lunchtime to get in a run. My training plan called for a 90-minute run but I figured as long as I got in an hour, I'd do alright. As I started, I decided I'd do 7 miles and call it a day.

My first mile was 8:33, and I was feeling pretty good so I increased the pace a bit. Mile number 2 was 8:03. Mile 3 was even better. Everything felt great - pace, breathing, legs, energy level. I wrapped it up with a 7:36 last mile.

I have no idea where the speed came from, but it sure felt good. I ended up averaging 7:58 per mile. Let's all hope this kind of thing happens around mile 20 or so on November 22!

Tomorrow is a rest day before I get in another 5 miles on Saturday.

No comments: